Close

Exclamation Anet A8 auto Home not working

I am using the most recent version of marlin, which I installed onto my Anet A8 printer. For some reason the auto home is no longer working on the Z axis. When I use the auto home function the printer homes the X and Y axis, then the Z moves up but not come back down. I have reinstalled Marlin (the same version as the one I had installed before) and still the problem persists. This is not an error with the firmware as the printer was working fine even after the first installation of marlin. I have also tried just unplugging the Z axis home switch, which did not work either.
    Please give me any suggestions. Thank you.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    When flashing new firmware you need to send code to read the firmware and store the firmware configuration into memory.

To do this send
    M502 - Factory Reset
    // If you need a different Z-Offset you can enter it here
    // M851 - XYZ Probe Offset
    M500 - Save Settings
    I do this from Cura 15.04.6 in terminal mode

This can also be done from LCD
    Load Settings
    // If you need a different Z-Offset you can enter it here
    // M851 - XYZ Probe Offset
    Store Settings
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-24-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSingularity View Post
    I am using the most recent version of marlin, which I installed onto my Anet A8 printer. For some reason the auto home is no longer working on the Z axis. When I use the auto home function the printer homes the X and Y axis, then the Z moves up but not come back down. I have reinstalled Marlin (the same version as the one I had installed before) and still the problem persists. This is not an error with the firmware as the printer was working fine even after the first installation of marlin. I have also tried just unplugging the Z axis home switch, which did not work either.
    Please give me any suggestions. Thank you.
    Hi, I recently had the same problem. I searched the net and your post is the only one that describe what i am facing. Did you solve your issue?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the bit that confuses me is the z-axis going up to home.
    Mine homes at the bottom of the gantry travel.

Could it be that you have 'home to z max' or z+ configured in the firmware and not home to 'z min' or 'z-'
    It's definitely going the wrong way to home.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the bit that confuses me is the z-axis going up to home.
    Mine homes at the bottom of the gantry travel.

Could it be that you have 'home to z max' or z+ configured in the firmware and not home to 'z min' or 'z-'
    It's definitely going the wrong way to home.
    Strange thing is everything was working fine. I used it for 2 years.
    Then suddenly this happened.

I uploaded a short clip of the autohome for reference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMk9rw-ZGfA

Hi, I did a quick check and found out through serial commands that Z limit is always triggered. Search net n found similar cases and solution involved doing some reflow fix for the component on board. Decided instead that it is time to upgrade my board.