Hello forums

I am an educator at a natural history museum. I am looking to get started into 3d printing to explore the potential of this technology in a museum setting. Ive been looking into this tech for a while and its now finally dropped within my range of price.
Im looking for an inexpensive printer around 300 dollars that I could just try and see if I want to invest into a bigger one later. I consider myself a pretty handy person but I've never seen a 3d printer kit so i have no idea how hard they are to assemble.

Ive been looking a lot into the REALITY ENDER 3 as it has great reputation in the community and the print quality looks really good. The big print surface is definitely a plus for me. Im having some difficulty finding the best place to order one as I live in Canada and amazon seems to be the best place to get it. I would probably get the model with the pro model with the magnetic base.

My other choice is the MONOPRICE MINI V3 because it seems to be very reliable "out of the box" assembly and durability. it does have a significantly smaller print base though and that means many of my pieces would have to be printed in pieces.

What are the commutes thoughts on what i should get for the 200 - 300 dollar range? is the Ender3 overrated? Are "scams" or "defects common in kits?