Technology always interests me, and the future of 3d printing/bioprinting is top notch among curiosities for me.I am not educated in this field and as such am likely to have many misconceptions.I look at the reproductive capacities of plants/animals and think of this as largely an organic/biological 3d printing system with DNA as the code that determines the end "product" and Nanotechnology (Dividing Cells / Proteins) as the actual printing material.I understand that printing technologies are able to print organs at this point, but how far off are we from printing organs so like our own that no anti-rejection drugs are needed? Will this technology eventually be able to print advanced biological systems such as Nervous Systems and possibly even fully living organisms according to DNA or a DNA-Like code?The potential of this technology seems to go beyond my ability to imagine.As we gain a deeper understanding of DNA including newer synthetic DNA's that have been created in laboratories am I right to assume we could eventually engineer and print new and novel lifeforms(with more advanced printing technology)?Will our descendants should they lose an arm be able to go to a hospital and have a new arm actually printed directly onto them? The uses in terms of space travel seem endless as well, the idea that we could send an AI directed 3d printer to harvest carbon and metals from lets say the Kuiper belt and use the materials to develop human habitats so when people arrive its safe and capable of supporting human life.Snap, I do not understand why the leaders of this world are not funding this and other technologies by a magnitude or two more than they are?Are my thoughts on the future potential of this technology overly imaginative, or could it truly go in these directions?I appreciate any input whether said input is your nuts or your right or some combination of both