Close

Threaded View

Filament Tolerance

I just recently got back into 3d printing, and I used to purchase hatchbox, but after seeing numerous reviews talking about the decrease in quality I decided to shop around and try a different brand. I purchased some Sunlu filament, and it's been printing fine, but some minor under extrusion led me to measure the filament, and I'm reading 1.45 mm almost everywhere on the roll. That is insanely undersized especially compared to the reported 0.02mm tolerance. I almost have trouble believing this measurement wouldn't result in some much more serious under extrusion. After some initial searching I assumed it was some issue with ovality, but nope, it's consistently low all around the circumference. I'm wondering if I'm measuring the filament wrong in some way. I just tested my calipers on a one two three block, and they're fine. Worst comes to worst it is consistently undersized so I guess I could change my filament size to 1.45 mm. Any insight at all could really be helpful, thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images