Close

Threaded View

PETG dry vs ‘wet’

So I have been fighting with printing PETG on my FFCP for about 4 months... finally think I’m on to something. Fresh out of the vacuum sealed package from matterhackers is on the bottom... about 25% thru I swapped to an old roll of matterhackers PETG that I had oven baked at 175F for 4 hours. I’m using a Micro Swiss .5mm plated nozzle, flashprint set to .3mm layer height, 240C nozzle, 50C bed (factory aluminum one with buildtak) 60mm/s print speed, 2.0mm retract at 80mm/s, fan off (if I turn it on, even at set height, the nozzle temp drops below threshold) .45mm path width, 125% extrusion ratio
    Figured I should share my settings I’ve saved for using PETG and .5mm nozzle, with flashprint. Was one thing I wished someone else had done for me as a noob. Anyway, here’s the pics. Part is a simple solid wedge, 4” base, 2” height, 3” wide. The print still isn’t perfect, even with the ‘dried’ filament, but it is getting much better. I think I will dry it a few more hours and try another with drier filament from start to finish, but I think I’m on the right track.