Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ender 3 and leveling problem

Got a new printer Ender 3 but the table is a bit bend in the middle as when I move the nozzle across there is a bigger gap. + the nozzle keeps getting block but that may be because its too close to the bed sometimes. Any suggestions? Got the version with the removable mat.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Give us an example of how large the gap difference is.

Myself I spit the difference as to make an average bottom layer thickness that I can live with.
    And print dual top/bottom and wall thicknesses.

I have also tweaked my 3mm Aluminum Bed.
    This made the bed flatter allowing my smaller offset to be within a decent working area.

I had been 3D Printing over 2 years with PLA and only noticed the bed warping after Printing ABS.
    I Mapped the bed Height, removed it from my 3D Printer and Adjusted it to a livable level.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 10-25-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Did you guys know that borosilicate glass will never warp or bend no matter how hard the print head crashes into it or what kind of temps or thermal cycles it sees. It can only break or be perfectly straight. It makes the bed heavier but man does it stay flat. I got a 450x250mm piece of it for my Tevo Black Widow. I am now putting a build surface on top of that so I can print with PETG(For PLA I just print on the clean bare glass wiped with distilled white vinager as the glass warms for the print). My bed is thick and heavy but oh so right. And always true. Here is a link to a piece of glass for your ender 3: https://gulfcoast-robotics.com/produ...xoCPlIQAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Give us an example of how large the gap difference is.
    Its hard to tell how much is it. for me the difference is simply too small to be really precisely measured.
    Don't see it reliable enough to set it up as I'm ending up with strings of plastic or blocked nozzle.

Thinking to go ahead with a glass bed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creality-...w35pcwJA~#rwid

Not really looking forward to it. I got that printer to make my projects not to make a project out of that printer it self. Took me hours to assemble it and I still cant get any print out of it. I was kind of more happy with my Monoprice Mini I3. Never had any problems with it. Even that it had as well slightly warp bed in the middle but I could still make it to print nice.

Are there any issues with glass bed?
    Does it without a problem transfer heat?
    I stick it directly on the aluminium bed without the mat right?
    Last edited by piotr1990; 10-26-2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: adding additional info

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Did you guys know that borosilicate glass will never warp or bend no matter how hard the print head crashes into it or what kind of temps or thermal cycles it sees.
    I agree, though It is not just the Glass we would have to purchase.
    As I have a proximity sensor that will only detect Ferrous material I would have to purchase another Proximity sensor.

An at this date have not found one that is a similar size sensor the will work in my space requirements and proximity to the nozzle..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    It is not hard to convert to a BLTouch. And there are cheap knockoffs for it that are cheap. And for those without an imagination there are even files already on thingivers to freely download and print out an exact fitting mount. Right here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3148733 . If you need help with wiring or changing settings I would be more than happy to help.

I just ordered that glass plate as in the link and after I will menage to sort out my problem with levelling I'm planing to use TPU. Will I need some extra adhesion? Not sure if it may damage the glass plate

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Gecko Tek makes a cold build surface that is good for flexible materials. It is also cheap and incredibly easy to peel back up when it is time to change or replace. Their website is here: https://www.geckotek.co/

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    For my Black Widow I designed a simple corner mount that I was able to print 4 of and use to precisely locate the glass without using clips that stick up higher than the build surface and take away from build volume. My design is specific to my BW but it is a simple design and perhaps you might be able to draw up something similar for your ender 3? Or maybe search and find on thingiverse or yeggi..

Any other brands you can recommend? unfortunately I live in UK and Geckotec don't seem to operate in Europe.

Yes I love that idea with those corners. Will look first if can get some online.
    Last edited by piotr1990; 10-26-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast