Close

Powerbelt3D now accepting pre-orders...cheap conveyor-belt printer

Powerbelt3D is now accepting pre-orders for their new conveyor-belt 3D printer. Only $400 for the first 50 units....retail price will be $500 each.

Due to the fact that Printerbelt 3D went out of business, and Blackbelt & Robotfactory are priced for commercial applications...there has not been any options for a conveyor-belt style machine for small business or hobbyists. However, Prowerbelt3D has just started taking pre-orders for their new machine, which has a very low price point. I already put in my order, and I thought it might interest others here, so I'm posting for your information...

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I can see a few things that might cause an issue - but damn !
    Talk about changing the price point :-)

Also like the idea that they haven't gone through crowd funding.
    means they need to sell the units to make money. Not just get given it without any real idea of how to budget.

Let us know how you get on :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I can see a few things that might cause an issue - but damn !
    Talk about changing the price point :-)

Also like the idea that they haven't gone through crowd funding.
    means they need to sell the units to make money. Not just get given it without any real idea of how to budget.

Let us know how you get on :-)
    Notice that floppy belt did you :-) Don't know much about belt printers but a build surface that is not perfectly flat and level is going to cause some . issues.. :-)

yeah first thing I'd do is make a tensionable belt. Sounds like they loosen a couple bolts, pull the roller to tension and lock with bolts. I'd make it so the bolts tensioned the bed.
    It might work like that. Info is not great. No idea what the belt is made of either.
    I'd also add vertical supports between the ends of the angled rods and the base. Just remove any extra vibration from the extruder.

But given the price point of the other belt machines I've seen - this is a serious bit of kit, at a very affordable price.
    I have nowhere to put one or the money for one, but I'd quite like one all the same, lol

so did you get yours at the discount for first 50 price peter ?

Also make sure you get a couple of spare belts with it - at least.

Everything else looks like standard components. But the belts are unique the this machine.
    And he does say they will wear out, so stock up while it's still cheap :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

The printers in the videos are early prototypes, so I'm hoping the finished product has proper belt tension...
    Yes, I ordered 2 units from the first 50.

and spare belts :-)