Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well there's ya problem!

I haven't used my printer much since it was giving poor results.
    I got fed up last night and pulled the print head apart only to find why!

I've also got that Simplify3D software to run it now, looks very good but so far both the prints I've tried have tried to start off the RH end of the platform. Not sure why.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Yep, grab that hobby knife and clear the gunk out. If you ever wear a groove in the gears, just loosen it and move it up a bit and use a nice clean section of the hobbed gear, it's like getting a new one!

I am yet to get simplify3d working, it runs and closes straight away without even bringing up the splash screen.

Senior Engineer
    I was quite surprised how hard that plastic gets stuck in those grooves, wire brush won't touch it, it has to be one at a time with a scalpel. As to moving the gear, the little Chinese person that fitted it stripped it so that isn't an option. I stuck a piece of Paxolin (actually Veroboard) between the motor and the plastic to move it all forward on the gear, that worked, it also keeps the motor cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I am yet to get simplify3d working, it runs and closes straight away without even bringing up the splash screen.
    See if you can, it's a crapload better than anything else I've seen.
    Check out Youtube for some good instructional vids on it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what os you running geoff ?
    I had no issues installing simplify3d.

Haven't applied myself to it yet as I'm currently just running through different types of filament.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what os you running geoff ?
    I had no issues installing simplify3d.

Haven't applied myself to it yet as I'm currently just running through different types of filament.
    W764bit, but the copy is not legitimate, so I should put that out there also

If I can get it running, and actually see it work, I'll buy it, but they don't even have a free trial, so the only way to trial it is by other methods :/

Very impressed with the Simplify3D software, it's easy to use, very configurable, and made the best print that's ever come off my machine.

Technician
    Ouch. That's a pricey bit of software. I'm with Geoff; let me try that bad-boy before I dump that much money...

At least it's multi-platform. I run linux, and I'm not switching to ... that other OS ... even for 3D printing.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jdg56 View Post
    ... that other OS ...
    I assume you meant "that pseudo OS" or were you talking Apple?

Pricey? Really? How much money do we spend building, buying and modding out 3D printers? I can remember back in the day when we first brought AutoCad into the Drafting classrooms and were spending over $3,000.00 per machine just for the software.

Why is it the current breed of computer geeks think that they should be able to download whatever piece of software from a torrent site for free? Someone spent their time and talents developing it and I, for one, do not mind paying a fair price for it. Certainly, $150.00 seems reasonable to me for a piece of software that does all the things the people using Simplify3d are saying it does? (flame suit on)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast