Close

Threaded View

Reducing diagonal lines on horizontal surfaces

Hi new hear and I am sure this has been discussed many times, but searching returns more about random lines or focused on using the ironing function in Cura which is not what I am after.

I have attached what I am talking about and have a feeling that this is never removed, but perhaps reduced?

I understand that 3d printing works by extruding so the lines it leaves when printing on the top surfaces are part of 3d printing in general. The layer lines are actualy quite good with my settings.

This is on an Ender 3 Pro with Creality ST-PLA. I am using 195 degrees nozel and 60 degrees bed (creality glass bed)

However I have noticed that printing slowly seems to reduce those lines but this isn't really an option as I'm talking really slow as in 5mm/sec

Is there any way to reduce those lines that appear all over the top surface other than slowing down or using ironing? Is it something to do with printing too cool so the filament doesn't melt and flow, or is it because I am not extruding enough material and need to turn the flow up a bit?

Small adjustments of those two don't seem to fix the diagonal lines. I'm not talking random ones, I am talking the lines it leaves when printing
    Attached Images Attached Images