Close

Anet ET4 Circles becomes oval

Just got my Anet ET4 and my first two testprints where simple circle objects.

I noticed my circles are coming out slightly oval.

All my axes moves around smooth and freely when manually pushing them around.

Any idea what to check next?

I used a Simplify3D profile for Anet A8, since Simplify haven't listed the ET4 yet.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you probably need to change the steps in the startup script. I had to do this for my ctc.
    G28 ; home all axes
    M92 X80 Y79

G1 X0 Y0 Z0.1 F3000 ; get ready to prime
    G92 E0 ; reset extrusion distance
    G1 X100 E20 F600 ; prime nozzle
    They should both be the same, but mine is the cheapest printer on the market for a reason :-)

You shoul;d be able to adjust or change it in your firmware - I can't do that with mine. But it's actually much easier to play around with settings in simplify3d startup script.

It could also by a loose belt.

Also it's an ender 3 clone - so, you know, expect problems.
    Should have got the anet a8 plus instead.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you probably need to change the steps in the startup script. I had to do this for my ctc.They should both be the same, but mine is the cheapest printer on the market for a reason :-)You shoul;d be able to adjust or change it in your firmware - I can't do that with mine. But it's actually much easier to play around with settings in simplify3d startup script.It could also by a loose belt.Also it's an ender 3 clone - so, you know, expect problems. Should have got the anet a8 plus instead.
    Thanks for answering, yes it's a damn cheap printer. :PFound the culprit for the oval models, several of the delrin wheels where bad. Replaced em and now it prints fine.But it has a really crappy GUI.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Ah well - that's easier than buggering around with the firmware :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Ah well - that's easier than buggering around with the firmware :-)
    The bed steelplate came bent, managed to straighten it out okay. But they have sent me new delrin wheels and a plate, so I'm actually happy with service provided by the seller.