Hi All,

I got my printer new with the Translucent Red 300g roll and I bought an additional 600g Translucent Red and an additional 600g Green PLA genuine product roll.

I have basically printed the 900g of Red without issues and tried to change to the green.

My problem is the green skips horribly and convinced it was a bad PLA batch so I bought Blue.

I printed at 190 deg and it skipped, I then wondered if it was the temperature so I took it up to 230 deg. I know this is too hot but there is no other explanation as to why this printer only likes the red at 220 deg.

I had a long print at 12 hours and it printed the first hour ok then skipped a little then was ok then ran for more hours then skipped again etc, overnight the print has obvious signs of no pla extrusion and audible skips still happening.

The feeder gripper cog is not full of pla and slipping, the feeder when I push the pla still skips and when it isnt skipping if I put slight tension in resistance to feed on the feeding pla it skips easily.

I dont have any red pla at the moment but I am confident if I refit the red it will print 600g without a single skip.

Does anyone know why the other colours are crap?

It cant be the print nozzle, it cant be the feed wheel cog blocked, it might be the extruder temp not correct, but I cant be the only one with these issues. I love the red PLA but would like to be able to print in other colours.

I use the stock slicer that is the flashforge software and always set the temp to 220 on red.

My theory was the extruder is too cold to flow the blue at 60mm/min which is what red prints at.

I will reduce the speed to 50mm/min and see if that still skips on blue.

The store I bought the printer from also had the same problems as they run the printers in store and said they could not print well on green either, but they had some nice blue prints.

Is there a firmware upgrade I need, or some more indepth setting changes for the colour of PLA I am printing with or what is the solution because this is super frustrating.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Slash.