Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    I have an Ender 3 Pro as first 3d printer. Ive only purchased PLA for it with 4 of the 5 roll purchased were Polaroid and some off beet brand of ebay If Ive ever had any issues with a print, it was the printer. Bed out of level, not sticking, not the filament. Until now, Ive printed few things with RED polaroid filament no problem. This last print Ive been working is putting up a fight. I call it a dirty print as shown in picture. Never had anything like this before.It must be in the settings of cura 4.1,4.4.and 4.5, they all did it. Im just right now "mudiling" thru trying to get this 25 hour print finished. Then some upgrade to extruder and hot end in store
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce19 View Post
    It must be in the settings of cura 4.1,4.4.and 4.5, they all did it.
    I have had the same issue with Cura. I stopped using it for a long time because the update messed everything up a couple times. They update the program far too often as well. Another problem is they never uninstall the old version so now I have like 5 Cura programs on my computer. I really wish they would only send out reliable updates that don’t mess everything up, even if it’s a lot less often and some features aren’t enabled. The extra features are useless if the basic setting get messed up.

Technologist
    So maybe I have to erase Cura 4.1, 4.1.1 , 4.5 and get Cura 4.6 one version

Probably. But try it before you erase the others lol. Like I said I gave up on it and went to simplify 3d. I only use it now because it seems to run my monoprice Mini Delta better than anything else. I use Prusa Slicer a lot now as well. I’m still learning myself and I still don’t entirely understand why one slicer will work perfectly and another won’t print the first layer with the exact same settings.

Technologist
    It could be one line of code to communicate with your printer is not optimally written. And yes, I guess like antivirous programs, have to have other AV programs erased b4 new AV installed. Do you have cura verX and simply3d/prusa on same pc?

I supposed that could be an issue but they seem to be completely independent. Yes I have all my slicer programs on one PC. I also have Chitubox for resin prints. I use Prusa slicer for the Prusa printer as it just seems to work the best. Im using Cura 4.6 now and didn’t have any issues going from 4.5 to 4.6 but I had problems with 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3.

Technologist
    I deleted ALL pervious versions of Cura i had in this pc. i only have version 4.6.1 now and look whats new
    Attached Images Attached Images

oh nice well that should help some at least. hopefully it fixes all your problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12