Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me clarify, nylons is not flexible as in stretchy or soft like TPU, it is flexible as in it bend and does not snap. It is very tough but not stiff..

Student
    Okay. That’s interesting. I’ll have to experiment. Kinda like heavy spaghetti? (but nylon filament)

No, what I mean if you print a 50mm x 10 mm x 4mm part, and the try and snap it in the center, the ABS will resist bending and then when enough force is applied snap like a woodend stick. A part printed the same with nylon will start to bend with less force and keep bending without snapping. One part that is always mentioned as nylon is good for is hinges that need to bend back and forth a lot without breaking.

Student
    Gotcha. A bendable part with less force that keeps on bending without snapping. I understand... But isn’t a door hinge two parts anyway. Nothing there needs to bend, just one piece attached to wall, and other hinge attached to door, and then open and close...and sounds like the weight of the object attached to the “nylon” hinge would begin to bend in the opposite direction because of its weight and the material holding it in place and because it’s bendable...I’m tracking.

Not a 2 part hing.. more like the lid on a plastic box or other such item. It has many uses just does not work for thing you want really rigid, at least not for me. Good luck and experiment it is the only way you will know what works for your particular part.

Student
    Thanks - Airscsapes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12