Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, Not sure that can be done but if not pm me and I will send you my email address.
    I think your machine is a direct drive extruder as is mine, you may want to try to reduce your retraction by about half and slow it down. I don't like to have retraction set a lot faster than print speed. Not sure it matters but has always worked for me.
    Here are 2 models to print using your PETG settings.
    one is a 2 walled square and once printed, it should be 2mm tall and the walls should be .8mm thick.
    The second is a 2 layer square which should have NO gaps between the threads and should be .4mm thick. If there are gaps raise your.. I think it said flow rate? It was set to 102% in your settings..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Qwiktune, how did your cal squares turn out? I set up my printer up for PETG and took a few photos of the calibration squared and if you click on the thumbnails there is more info under the big pictures https://misc.airscapesart.com/calibration/index.html

I printed your part but forgot to enable support, second copy is printing now. Will post photos when it is done. If you live in the US I would be happy to mail the part to you just in case you can not get this working on your machine.

BTW I am printing at .3mm not .2

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    Qwiktune, how did your cal squares turn out? I set up my printer up for PETG and took a few photos of the calibration squared and if you click on the thumbnails there is more info under the big pictures https://misc.airscapesart.com/calibration/index.html

I printed your part but forgot to enable support, second copy is printing now. Will post photos when it is done. If you live in the US I would be happy to mail the part to you just in case you can not get this working on your machine.

BTW I am printing at .3mm not .2
    I wasnt able to get to it. I had actually bought another printer, (Ender 3x) so I had a print I could do prototyping on while printing parts on the other, and ended up putting it together last night. I'll do it tonight though and see what happens.

I live in USA [PA] and that would be cool. One goes on each side (so you would essentially just mirror the bracket to print the opposite side). Would be good to have a pair properly printed to reference, but my ultimate goal was reproducing these (as well as other brackets and things) for a number of people in my car community where this part (metal) from the dealer has been out of production for quite sometime.

Sending you a PM, I am just outside Philadelphia
    I added a bunch of pictures after the calibration info.
    Calibration squares and your part in PETG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by djooeis View Post
    What exactly do you want to improve? The pillars are small and PETG is stingy stuff. I can not really see the sides of the pillars that clearly.. The top of the part looks to be under extruded, there should not be able to see the threads below when looking through the cracks between threads.
    I'm already improved it by changing my retraction to 1 from 3. Theres still a hair of stringing by its easily cut with a blade. I think my problem was when it switched from the leg with the holes over to the pillar it was way under extruding becuz of the retraction. I havent tried printing much anything else since i've been printing the hell of these brackets as I sell them so i wanted to print a whole bunch while I got it printing good before i adjust anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12