Close

Student

Question Help - Location for printer??

I will be getting my first 3D printer very soon and would like advice on where to put it in my house.I have 2 choices: (1) In "shop" part of my garage where I can turn on heat or air conditioner when I'm in there working. (2) In a spare bedroom where I have a work table near a window. This is part of house and always temperature controlled. I only plan on using PLA but who know what would be in longer range future. I really would like advice/tips on placement as by the end of this week, I'll finalize my decision on which printer to order. Probably enclosed or I'll build an enclosure. Thank you, Regis in middle Tennessee
    Last edited by RegisG; 08-28-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    either will work.
    A lot really depends on how noise tolerant the other people in the house are.
    I happen to like the npises 3d printers make. Other people don't :-)

Spare bedroom should work well.

Spare bedroom is where mine is.. you want to be able to access it often when you have a long running print going.. Watching TV at 10:30PM and print won't be done for another 3 hours.. don't want to run out to the shop to check on it. Yes, you can use a webcam but sometime you just wanta look at it!

Student
    I can't seem to do a multi-quote reply so, I want to thank both of you: curious aardvark & airscapesI expect to order my FlashForge New Creator Pro later today.Thanks again,Regis

Technician
    Yes, True Even I do agree with you both.
    He should keep his Printer in the Spare bedroom as then you will be able to arrange things accordingly, like printing will take time so you can easily bring a tv to watch Even for the mean while you can place a playstation inside. Printing will be done with more FUN and also you can keep an eye on the printing process.