Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Not sure how you are making changes but if you are using your slicer I do not know how to tell you to alter that. If you are using the terminal and changing the stored M206 offset than you need to make the current offset .6mm larger.. Larger the offset of M206 Zxx.xx the closer the nozzle is to the build plate. To see M206 enter M503, to change offset enter M206 Zxx.xx then M500 to save reprint and verify. If you need more details I think I have instructions set to me when I first got the M2 from support.

Interesting...but if I check with a feeler gauge...the nozzle measures about 0.3mm from the printing surface...how can I lower it by 0.6mm?

And, with the PEI sheet applied...my adhesion problems seem to have been fixed completely!

I am making changes physically at the hot end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or, using the Makergear calibration software (but that is a PITA).

see above in my previous post on altering the firmware M206 Z offset Here https://3dprintboard.com/showthread....l=1#post132164
    Last edited by airscapes; 10-10-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petersglassshop View Post
    Interesting...but if I check with a feeler gauge...the nozzle measures about 0.3mm from the printing surface...how can I lower it by 0.6mm?

And, with the PEI sheet applied...my adhesion problems seem to have been fixed completely!
    Guess if that is the case no need to mess with it further but when you have time it is worth while to get familiar with the process of altering the offset at the firmware level. I believe you can make changes in Simplifed 3d but not sure if you need positive or negitive numbers. That is also for that one print only and not universal like in the firmware

So, so since I do not usually have the machines connected to a computer, then how do I program my jobs with the adjustment so that they all run with the offset?

OK, both machines back in their proper location (out in the heat)...we'll see how things go. So far so good with PEI!

1010191406.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by petersglassshop View Post
    So, so since I do not usually have the machines connected to a computer, then how do I program my jobs with the adjustment so that they all run with the offset?
    You make the adjustment in the EEPROM using the M206 as explained in the previous post. Once that is saved with M500 it stays that way until you change it.

If you adjust it using the Z offset in S3d you need to do it on every single model and replace your Gcode, which is probably not want you want.

If the PEI is working and your stuff is not falling off, don't mess with success :-)

I guess I need to get some PEI to try..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234