Close

Question Ender 3 Pro / 1.1.5 board / firmware and settings?

Im still new to 3d printing, recieved my ender 3 pro a couple weeks ago...

I assembled it in OCD mode - making sure everything was square, leveled, rollers tensioned perfect etc....

Its printed amazing out of the box sofar.

I added the upgraded springs, aluminum extruder, capricorn bowden, better couplings, glass bed, printed alot of mods for my machine and installed the creality 1.1.5 main board.
    Its been printing great and very happy with it.
    I upgraded to the 1.1.5 board basically for the thermal runaway protection. I could of just flashed the board but the silent steppers made the 1.1.5 board an easy decision. There are probably better board options out there but didnt know about them when I bought the 1.1.5 and sofar am happy with the board except for a few concerns....

One was I noticed the y and z stop switches were now being slammed into when auto homing. Ive read I can change that in the firmware by lowering the homing speed values but for now used 3m foam on the switches and working good.

Ive been trying to find info on what firmware people been running on the 1.1.5 board but its not been out long so there isnt much info on it but im reading some peoples 1.1.5 board didnt even have bootloader or that bootloader was corrupt, and that thermal protection may or may not be enabled.

So...... I bought this board to have piece of mind but now am wondering if I need to flash it. I also assumed that once I got this board I could update firmware with just usb but now may need an audrino

I havnt flashed one of these boards before so kind of hesitant but now wondering if I need to get on it?

I plan to upgrade to micro swiss hotend so I can mess with nylon and petg because I want to design/print my own vape mod. I will probably need to mess with PID and will have to flash that too correct?

IDK what im asking , I guess just advice on what to do from here? Just run it as is and wait for more info on these boards?
    Or is there a proven firmware that I should be running with this board? Do I need an audrino?

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by deezdrama View Post
    Im still new to 3d printing, recieved my ender 3 pro a couple weeks ago...

I assembled it in OCD mode - making sure everything was square, leveled, rollers tensioned perfect etc....

Its printed amazing out of the box sofar.

I added the upgraded springs, aluminum extruder, capricorn bowden, better couplings, glass bed, printed alot of mods for my machine and installed the creality 1.1.5 main board.
    Its been printing great and very happy with it.
    I upgraded to the 1.1.5 board basically for the thermal runaway protection. I could of just flashed the board but the silent steppers made the 1.1.5 board an easy decision. There are probably better board options out there but didnt know about them when I bought the 1.1.5 and sofar am happy with the board except for a few concerns....

One was I noticed the y and z stop switches were now being slammed into when auto homing. Ive read I can change that in the firmware by lowering the homing speed values but for now used 3m foam on the switches and working good.

Ive been trying to find info on what firmware people been running on the 1.1.5 board but its not been out long so there isnt much info on it but im reading some peoples 1.1.5 board didnt even have bootloader or that bootloader was corrupt, and that thermal protection may or may not be enabled.

So...... I bought this board to have piece of mind but now am wondering if I need to flash it. I also assumed that once I got this board I could update firmware with just usb but now may need an audrino

I havnt flashed one of these boards before so kind of hesitant but now wondering if I need to get on it?

I plan to upgrade to micro swiss hotend so I can mess with nylon and petg because I want to design/print my own vape mod. I will probably need to mess with PID and will have to flash that too correct?

IDK what im asking , I guess just advice on what to do from here? Just run it as is and wait for more info on these boards?
    Or is there a proven firmware that I should be running with this board? Do I need an audrino?

Thanks guys!

I figured it out

I went with 1.1.x marlin bugfix
    went smooth, homing speeds are normal again

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    That did not take you long.

If you need other help post we will be here.

Bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by deezdrama View Post
    I figured it out

I went with 1.1.x marlin bugfix
    went smooth, homing speeds are normal again
    Did that board have a bootloader preinstalled? I just got mine, and I'm not sure either