Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    retraction is set on the layer tab I think (haven't got it installed on this computer).

Minimum travel just makes it retract more over gaps.
    I always have it ticked to always retrack during travel.
    I must not have been looking in the right place. I have it set to where it retracts during travel but only .5 should I up that? I'll look tonight better at the settings see what I can find. Should I be using a different slicer? Could I get better prints with another slicer? Thanks for your help I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I just don't know what to tweak to get this problem to go away. Now I'm having a problem with the first layer. Ii have to print everything with the top facing up.( In the pic the top piece is with the top faced down and the bottom is same piece top up)

I just realized the picture did not post.
    LRM_EXPORT_951235043912234_20190806_105343857.jpg
    Last edited by SASH; 08-07-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    retraction is a global setting.
    Everything else just effects WHEN retraction is used.

so the 0.5 just means that the head has to travel half a mm over open space before it retracts. The odds of you having a lot of 0.5mm gaps in the print are fairly small - unless you're printing a print in place part with moving bits. In which case you definitely want it retracting before each move.
    I tend to always set the movemtn to 0. So it retracks before crossing any gap.

can't see any problems with your picture - you expectations of what 3d printing can do on a cheap machine might be a little too high :-)

retraction is a global setting.
    Everything else just effects WHEN retraction is used.

so the 0.5 just means that the head has to travel half a mm over open space before it retracts. The odds of you having a lot of 0.5mm gaps in the print are fairly small - unless you're printing a print in place part with moving bits. In which case you definitely want it retracting before each move.
    I tend to always set the movemtn to 0. So it retracks before crossing any gap.

can't see any problems with your picture - you expectations of what 3d printing can do on a cheap machine might be a little too high :-)
    So I should take it from 0.5 to 0.0 correct? I going to attach another pic of the print that doesn't look right and the one that looks right...
    I bought this Ender 3 Pro to learn on. To learn the basics of 3D printing. I know that i'm not gonna get the quality prints that a better machine will produce and i don't expect it to. I do feel like it can be tweaked in the software and hardware to produce better prints than what i am getting.

20190807_071234.jpg20190807_071255.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    first picture looks like it was printed too cool and probably too fast.
    second looks about right.

With pla, for some reason people tend to print too cool.
    I've never printed at less than 200. And if I'm printed fast and dirty I'll go up to 220-225.

first picture looks like it was printed too cool and probably too fast.
    second looks about right.

With pla, for some reason people tend to print too cool.
    I've never printed at less than 200. And if I'm printed fast and dirty I'll go up to 220-225.
    I print at temp 200 and speed 50. The only difference in them is I flipped them. If i up the temp and lower the speed will that mess with the quality in a good or bad way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12