Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ender 3 Pro print problem...

When my Ender 3 Pro moves across to change position it it continues to extrude filament causing a line to be printed across the print. This happens with all PLA filament i have and every print. I am using Creality Slicer 1.2.2 Ive added some screen shots of the software settings and also of what i last printed. Any help would be great.
    Capture1.jpg Capture2.jpg20190727_124946.jpg

Im installing Cura to see if changing slicer software makes a difference..

Staff Engineer
    I was unable to locate a manual online for download for the printer you own. Many slicers have a feature known as z-hop. It lifts the nozzle a small amount as the head transitions over the model. You may find that Cura will have that feature, solving your problem. If you are unhappy with Cura, consider also to download PrusaSlicer, another free program of great value.

I did find Zhop in the software. It was set to 0.0 i am unsure on what to set it to. I tried 0.075 and the problem is still there. ill check out Prusa. Here is a screen shot of theCreality Slicer Zhop...Thanks for the help i have been working on this all night.
    Capture5.jpg

Staff Engineer
    There's no real disadvantage, as far as I can determine, to increase the z-hop to clear your streaks. Make lifts in 0.200 increments for 0.200 layer height and you should be clear.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    increase the length nd speed of retraction.
    You've got a bowden extruder, so the retraction length needs to be fairly long to make any real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    increase the length nd speed of retraction.
    You've got a bowden extruder, so the retraction length needs to be fairly long to make any real difference.
    When you say length and speed of the retraction.... do you mean then minimum travel? Option #1 in the menu?
    Capture6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    There's no real disadvantage, as far as I can determine, to increase the z-hop to clear your streaks. Make lifts in 0.200 increments for 0.200 layer height and you should be clear.
    I set the Zhop to 0.200 and still no change... should i adjust the minimum travel also?

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I set the Zhop to 0.200 and the minimum travel to .5. i dont think the streaks are as thick.
    20190729_020445.jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    retraction is set on the layer tab I think (haven't got it installed on this computer).

Minimum travel just makes it retract more over gaps.
    I always have it ticked to always retrack during travel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast