I?m looking to embark on my first 3D printing adventure and would be grateful of any advice regarding printing using ABS or HIPS filaments. I have researched as much as I can understand as far as materials go and printer capabilities. I initially have a specific need to create an enclosure for an existing electronic project. The current enclosure I have sourced is listed as being made from ABS and Polystyrene although I?m unsure as to whether material is a blend as opposed to either ABS OR Polystyrene and if the polystyrene is High Impact Polystyrene.
With regards to printing filaments I can see that it appears I must choose from EITHER ABS OR Polystyrene as I have not yet discovered a filament blended of these two materials if one even exists.
I have also read that both of these materials have a significantly higher printing temperature than PLA and other filaments.
I would like to know if the 3D printer that appears to meet my needs that I have been looking at purchasing, which is the Creality Ender 5, is suitable for the materials I need to print with. I have seen the recommendations for full metal hot ends and higher temperature tubing along with a few other upgrades. I would rather purchase a printer that is more that capable of printing with higher temperature materials than one that will produce a result but at the upper limit of its capabilities. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, I?m researching as much as I can for myself but personal experience and knowledge from others is golden in a situation like this.
Would anyone have any suggestions as to suitable printers and or materials or to produce what I require or any reason why the Ender 5 may not be the best choice within my budget and requirements.
Many thanks for taking the time to read and hope to lose my filament virginity soon!