Close

Student

SKR 1.3 TFT touch screen

Hello,
    I have the SKR 1.3 board running, but a Nexion display does not work.
    Anyone have a part number for the 2.8/3.5" smart tft serial module?
    TIA

no idea man !!

Hi...the TFT35 only has very generic settings out in the box. I think using the HOST_ACTION_COMMANDS option would be a good thing. Do i understand this correctly, that this only sends M118 etc. to the first serial port(USB)?

turnkey pcb assembly
    Last edited by BertRands; 03-10-2022 at 11:35 PM.

Student

TFT screen

Quote Originally Posted by GlenB View Post
    Hello,
    I have the SKR 1.3 board running, but a Nexion display does not work.
    Anyone have a part number for the 2.8/3.5" smart tft serial module?
    TIA
    Answering my own question:
    The BigTreeTech 3.5" TFT touch screen works. I believe the MKS Gen L screen also works.
    The only problem I see is that with the monochrome screen that comes with the Ender 5, you have the ability to change settings and such.
    I have completely changed my Ender 5 over to the SKR 1.3, TMC2208 drivers. It prints almost silently. Re-did the calibration tests and still in good shape with CHEP cube within a thousandth or two. Using original LCD and encoder.
    BTW, no ONE on YouTube shows how you can install the SKR 1.3 in the original cabinet and still have access to the USB and SD card. I did it. However, you have to move the power supply, and it just barely fits, but it can be done.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hey so I am doing the whole SKR 1.3 conversion thing as part of a bigger project and I just thought this might be an appropriate place to share the screen I chose to use for my setup. It is the tft35 from Bigtreetech but it is v3.0. I got mine here: https://www.amazon.com/BIGTREETECH-D.../dp/B07W1PB11F