Close

Ender 3 question - where did this come from?

I recently purchased the Ender 3... still have a lot to learn! Was printing a box for hours and when I came back to the printer I found a small rubber cover inside the box I was printing. The box was really messed up and didn't come out the way it should but the problem I have is... I don't know where this rubber cover came from and where it goes. It's about the size of a quarter and has CR engraved on one size. Can someone tell me where this cover came from? THANK YOU!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    That's a silicone cover for the heat block. It helps keep the heat in and the gobs of filament clear of the block. It still gets hot, so keep fingers clear!

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    That's a silicone cover for the heat block. It helps keep the heat in and the gobs of filament clear of the block. It still gets hot, so keep fingers clear!
    THANK YOU!!! Armed with that little piece of information I was able to find enough YT videos on this cover and other related issues I had with printing because of it. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

I also lost it during the printing. But unlike you i never found it again... Had to order a new one from ebay :S