Close

after end print, my CR10S-pro goes to Z-0 WHY?

I have been printing perfectly on my CR10S-pro, exchanged the nozzle with a Microswiss, but should not have changed anywhing, but no instead of just going Y285 to present buildplate, it 0 Y and X and goes to 0 Z... which scares me because of possible damage to parts, printer, or cooling down at buildplate level.

but going through the Gcode, i see no Z commands, i am really at a baffle, it used to just present buildplate and nothing more.

these are the last commands that simplify3d puts into the Gcode, ends the layer, Home X (i dont quite know why) and present buildplate, and turns off the heat and fans.

i cannot seem to find settings on my printer ...

G1 X143.337 Y159.836 E0.0172
    G1 X142.875 Y159.661 E0.0271
    G1 X142.837 Y159.495 E0.0305
    G1 X142.866 Y159.305 E0.0343
    G92 E0.0000
    G1 E-5.0000 F3300
    ; layer end
    G28 X0 ; Home X Axis
    G1 Y285 ; Present Build Plate
    M106 S0 ; Turn off Cooling Fan
    M104 S0 ; Turn Off Extruder Heat
    M140 S0 ; Turn of Bed Heat
    M84 ; Disable Steppers

Needed to compose you a very little word to thank you yet again regarding the nice suggestions you’ve contributed here.

Student
    Add Rich3d on Facebook
    I would start by removing the G28, I know it is only supposed to home the X axis, but I dont think you the "X0". I beleive you only need the "G28 X".

Not sure why you want to re-home just the X Axis you could just do a G0 X0, that will move X to the 0 position without running the home routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich3d View Post
    I would start by removing the G28, I know it is only supposed to home the X axis, but I dont think you the "X0". I beleive you only need the "G28 X".

Not sure why you want to re-home just the X Axis you could just do a G0 X0, that will move X to the 0 position without running the home routine.
    i don?t really want it to do anything, i?m fine with it just stopping and turning off all the elements..

this is just simplify 3d?s way of ending the print.... i?m just trying to locate.. WHY it began doing this..

might try my laptop, since it has my old CR10S-Pro profile, it never did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich3d View Post

Just updated firmware, and running Cura, instead of Simplify3d, Cura does the job, and ends the print correctly, so i guess i will be using cura, but i REALLY like simplify3d, so i must se if i can locate the issue, tried different print from Laptop, with the profile that once worked, and nope, still ends up at Z=0 when print is done.