Close

need help buying a budget 3d printer

hey guys and gals,
    im looking to get into the hobby of 3d printing. i have watched many youtubers and read forums/ reddit posts about 3-d printing. i need help selecting a 3d printer tho. i noticed that the Creality Ender 3 is very popular but im wondering if it is worth hoping onto that bandwagon or if there is another printer that is user friendly and possibly upgradable in the future. i am looking to spend no more that $350 CAD (thats around 270 USD)
    also if y'all can recommend any other subreddits or programs to get started with to help make designs and slicers programs i would really appreciate the help.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    under no circumstances buy am ender 3.
    I have no idea why anyone would recommend one.

user friendly is a relative term - which the ender 3 does not meet - uner any circumstances.

in that budget range this is probably the best machine you can get: https://www.amazon.ca/Monoprice-Prin...gateway&sr=8-8
    It's actually a rebadged wanhao duplicator i3 mk2.

Very good i3 - has all the good points: dual z axis motors, diect drive extruder, dual side bearings for the print bed. Also huge user base.

This one isn't too bad: https://www.amazon.ca/FLSUN-Printer-...teway&sr=8-236
    has a bowden extruder, but otherwise quite a decent looking machine.

it"s depends on your budget.....
    3D Printer i3 MEGA Aluminum Composite Melamine Y Carriage Stiff Upgrade Plate for anycubic MEGA i3/Prusa i3 Y Support Plate 6mm is best for me for using me...
    3D Printer i3 MEGA Aluminum Composite Melamine Y Carriage Stiff Upgrade Plate for anycubic MEGA i3/Prusa i3 Y Support Plate 6mm

Student
    Add Rich3d on Facebook
    I don’t own an Ender 3, but I do have a CR10-s which is very similar. That being said, I am involved in a number of FB groups and the overall feel is that it is a good 3d printer.

With that being said, any 3d printer in that price range will have a number of issues and none will be "perfect". I would definitely recommend the Ender, simply due to the amount of community support and available upgrades.

As far as software goes, Fusion 360 is a free CAD software that is very robust. Blender is a free modeling software that is also very robust and is tailored more towards 3d sculpting as opposed to fictional items that require dimensions like Fusion 360

Slicer software - I have used many of them, but I have found that PrusaSlicer, formerly Slicer PE, is the best free version in my opinion. Prusa research has continuously improved the software over the last couple of years and there is no sign of them slowing down.

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.