Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Airwolf Announces New Dual Extruder AW3D HD2x 3D Printer

Airwolf seems to be making announcements left and right lately. Today they have announced the release of a new Dual Extruder 3D printer, the AW3D HD2x, which uses patent-pending technology to make dual extrusion a more simple than we are used to. The new 3D printer is priced at $3,995 which is a good chunk, but it may well be worth it. Read more about this new 3D printer at http://3dprint.com/7134/airwolf-3d-aw3d-hd2x/

What do you think? Is it worth the $3,995 price tag? Do you think, the new dual extrusion system will work like they say?

This printer looks great, I just think the price remains a bit high. I realize that it is probably on par with Makerbot, maybe even slightly higher quality, but 3D printers' prices have been on the way down, and I mean waaaaaaay down lately. If I can buy another FDM printer for $249 (Mod-t), why would I pay 10X this to print with 2 extruders?