Close

Need help! creality cr-10s

Hello, i am having issues with the base of my print not being solid, just printing hollow.

Thanks!

Staff Engineer
    Important information is missing. What slicing program do you use? Can you post the STL file and the gcode file that is created by your slicer? Have you used the slicing program to view the layer sections that are giving you problems? Screen shots of your slicing software as you view the layers would be valuable.

Need input.

i am using Cura,
    https://paste.pics/790c8db9093cd14dbd275b4b6c46e7b6
    But it isnt printing as it shows in the image, the bottom is just hollow

thanks

Staff Engineer
    Your image is a good start. More clarification would be helpful. I see the item is a napkin ring. The entire model should be hollow, in a general use of the term. When you say the bottom is hollow, do you mean the area between the inner walls and outer walls of the napkin ring?

The preview shows that you have a brim, sometimes called a skirt, with a wide spacing between the skirt and the ring. Does your printer produce this skirt? The purpose of the skirt is to allow the filament to reach the nozzle and eliminate the problem that may occur when filament leaks out due to gravity prior to starting the print.

Also, what happens to the rest of the print? If the bottom is hollow, do other layers print as expected?

here is a picture of the bottom, where as the top is complete.https://ibb.co/FhLQww3
    the printer produces the skirt yes, everything else was fine besides the bottom layer.

thanks for your help

Staff Engineer
    That is a very unusual result. If the brim did not print well, I would have suggested the nozzle was getting starved for filament. I see that the settings calls for 0.6 mm top and bottom layers and you have selected "fine" with 0.100 mm layer thickness. That should have generated six layers for the segment you've shown in the image, not zero!

Consider to change the 0.6 to a higher number as a test. Also as a test, temporarily set the layer thickness to 0.150 or 0.200 mm. The problem you are experience is clearly at the base of the model. Consider to add restrictions for the test prints to only those first few layers/millimeters to save filament and time.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    That is a very unusual result. If the brim did not print well, I would have suggested the nozzle was getting starved for filament. I see that the settings calls for 0.6 mm top and bottom layers and you have selected "fine" with 0.100 mm layer thickness. That should have generated six layers for the segment you've shown in the image, not zero!

Consider to change the 0.6 to a higher number as a test. Also as a test, temporarily set the layer thickness to 0.150 or 0.200 mm. The problem you are experience is clearly at the base of the model. Consider to add restrictions for the test prints to only those first few layers/millimeters to save filament and time.
    Hello, i am having issues with the base of my print not being solid, just printing hollow.

Staff Engineer
    Nalita, if you are not Gordo010, duplicating his post will not help you or others with a similar problem. Consider to create a separate post with more details, as noted in my first response to Gordo010.