Close

Giant 3D printer project

Hello all I am in the process of building a large 144 x 72 x 60 Inch 3D Printer/Mill
    It will be equipped with the same print head that the BAAM machine uses and will feature a 20HP 20,000 Milling spindle to finish machine the parts after the extruder lays down the plastic.

The Frame is complete and it will start out as a 3 Axis but evolve into a Five axis machine (milling) once I get some time on it.
    I am looking for some input from those in the 3D Community as to how to best use and promote this machine.  I am a machine builder I would prefer to Rent time on the machine for others who have large scale projects to do.  I also would not be opposed to selling it outright once fully operational.  Below is a link to the machine running and enclosed is a picture of the three and five axis version.

After seeing the BAAM machine I thought i could build something like it for a fraction of the cost.
    I would appreciate any ideas on material to be extruded and on how to put this machine to work The extruder is about 8 weeks out then there will be some time to fit it to the machine and test I will post a link to it running this week on my Youtube Page under Koenigcnc Automation and Design It can be seen testing the gantry and z axis movement Still a lot of work to do but it moves under its own power
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KoenigCNC; 05-22-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo