Close

Student

Ender 3 Pro with wall/shell issue

I'm having an issue with walls/shells on prints. You can see on both the round and square posts, the diameter changes where the bridges are and in other places where another feature of the model starts or stops (like the small cone on the bridge). I usually use Cura but printed this small temp tower using PrusaSlicer and the problem remains. I've tightened the belts and made sure the table and x move freely. Any ideas on what else I can do or adjust to reduce or eliminate this issue? This is printed at 195C with 60C bed with Hatchbox white PLA (I printed another temp tower sliced to with temp changes from 220 down to 190C and found the best results at 195C). I also have Hatchbox blue PLA and having the same issue. Also getting some echoing. I have the printer sitting on 1/2" of soft foam on top of heavy rubber mats. Layer height .20, Speed is 35mm/s on walls, 60mm/s on infill, travels 80mm/s. Let me know if you need more information. Appreciate any thoughts on this.

EDIT: pay no attention to the top layers in the 2nd pic... I wanted to try the Hilbert curve to see how it would look. It doesn't look as nice as I thought it would, so I'll stick to concentric/lines.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    weird.
    can't see how it's anything endemic to the ender 3 - so that's good, and also bloody unusual :-)

Cura will often do weird things, but if you are having the same issue with prusaslicer (basically slic3r) that's odd.
    I mean the prusa slicer is optimised for prusa printers which are vastly superior to yours and have a whole bunch of features your printer (and most other printers) does not have.

But why it's reducing diameter at that point - I honestly can't imagine.

Does it show up in the preview at all ?

have you got the stl and I'll run it through simplify3d and see what happens.

haven't played wit prusa slicer yet. Be interestign to see what it does with my ctc bargain basemet i3 :-)

Student
    No, it doesn't show up in preview. The stringing was pretty bad with PrusaSlicer even though my retraction settings were the 'same' as what I've dialed in on Cura, so I think I'll just stick with Cura. I adjusted some acceleration settings last night and tried again, but printed it full size this time. The results are much better, but still just a tad off. I'm almost satisfied with the results now, but anything to dial it in more would be awesome. Attached is another pic and the stl for the temp tower I'm printing. I edited one of Thingiverse to make it only two levels and fix the bridge (it wasn't connected on one end!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files