Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3d printer houses

Hello everyone, I'm new here in the forum and was wondering if anyone has any idea or knowledge to build a 3d printer that is able to build homes
    I am willing to run after it and would love to if you help me, I came here because I indicated, if we are able to build a common 3d Printer able to build one able to build houses, is just a matter of expanding

Hi

We are undertaking such a project in London England at present and am building a team and looking for people to join the project. it is not as simple as expanding the printer but the process is of 3d is the same.

A man by the name of Andrey Rudenko has constructed a 3D printer for printing houses based on this idea. He's successfully printed a (small) castle and intends to print a house next. In terms of the direction you're going, he'd be the best person to talk to. You can read his blog and get his contact address at his web site, www.totalkustom.com.

In terms of scaling up, it seems the concrete mix and the deflection associated with scaling up the length of the railings are your biggest issues. I believe someone is addressing the latter by using small robots as mobile print heads, rather than the gantry approach.

The problem with the Rudenko castle was that it followed the chinese winsun method which was not printing the whole structure just parts. But I have spent a lot of time discussing with Rudenko and it is a very good build and quality.

Our build is a machine that builds the structure as one.

Hello smartbuild, you are also one of the collaborators of Andrey Rudenko?'m Grateful for information, but the problem is that he built the castle for parts, would be more interesting if the whole structure ...
    How to join this project works? Wanted to bring this technology to Brazil, it will be possible? Was wanting to set up a team to assemble and finish a project on this type of printing this year yet, homes for sale commercially, will be that this project will not take long?

Thanks for the information, he could have used this base

Hi, smartbuild.

An all-in-one is a very interesting idea. Are you going to combine 3d-printing with pick-and-place for the floors / roof / lintels / other structural members? Are you going to add a nozzle for blowing insulation into the wall cavities? I'm excited to hear that someone's doing this in London.

While I'm not an architect or engineer, I do have a number of years of 3D printing experience under my belt. Give me a PM if you need or want any help.

Hi

Yes it seems the 3dprint industry needs to step up a gear in UK, we have been planning the project for a while are looking for people who have a interest in 3dprint technology and are keen to get involved in a ground breaking project.

I am meeting a number of interested people during the 3dprintexpo 4-6 will you be there?

To be honest that base is being used by a lot of the companies in this space such as winsun but this kind of build comes with a lot of mechanical problems.

Staff Engineer
    Well, one architect in New York is working with D-Shape on a printer which can print a full house in-place. Rudenko's printer was only missing the pick-and-place arm for putting second-story panels on the structure. If he had that, the castle would have easily been printed fully in-place, even going without the panels and simply printing your supply of panels on the ground as you need them, and lifting them with the pick-and-place arm as needed.

The problem with printing a house in one step without any assembly is support material. The D-Shape printer uses a powder-and-binder process, meaning the antire volume of the house is filled with loose powder that supports the walls as it's printing. You have to excavate the house out of a mound of sand when you're done, a process that can't be easily automated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast