Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mpcnc

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Today I duplicated my DC-DC Step Down Buck Converter to my Spare Ramps 1.6 board. I am now powering both ramps with 24volt power supplies.

Have not ordered a pair of Full Graphics controllers for my newly purchased Arduino Mega 2560 R3's and Ramps.
    Though it is still on my list of parts to be ordered.

My next modification will be to remove the AMS1117-5.0 regulator on the Arduino and replace it with this same DC-DC Step Down Buck Converter. This time instead of setting it to a variable voltage will be using the set 5 volt jumper pin on the converter.

This will allow for the additional power requirements needed to operate the Full Graphics controller I will be using. All power supplied from a single 24vdc power source from the Ramps 1.6 controller power pins...

Today I believe I have the Estlcam figured out I printed a more complex sketch.
    I went off the paper on the feet

Sena.jpg

After printing this sketch believe ready to setup a extra Stepper motor Driver for my Ramps 1.6 for the extruder.
    Will be looking a this Stepper motor Expander
    Has any one ever tried these Stepper motor expanders

Today I was wiring end-stop switches using this video on my Arduino Mega 2560 R3 an Ramps 1.6 making sure the wire were exactly the same as the video.

Well I blew the AMS1117-05 in a heartbeat so today I replace the AMS1117-05 with a DC-DC Step Down Buck Converter 1.5V 3V 5V 9V 12V 3A Adjustable Module this was set to the 5V jumper.
    DC-DC down converter.jpg

My question is why did this switch made by BigTree-Tech.com for maker bot kill the AMS1117-05, tested the switch it operated correctly.

I must be right at the max current limit for the regulator because when I power it on with the new regulator is now works correctly.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    This would be a great ideal if the MPCNC was only going to be used for 3D Printing an laser engraving.
    Though I wonder if I could keep them clean when carving wood or milling aluminum.
    well yeah, that's why you've installed a workshop vacumn and suction tubing alongside the cutting head - right :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well yeah, that's why you've installed a workshop vacumn and suction tubing alongside the cutting head - right :-)
    Well actually I just ordered the Dewalt DW660 so I have quite a few more parts to be 3D Printed.

Vacuum Duct
    Frame Supports // Frame is not as sturdy as I would like it.
    Cable chains
    Power Supply case
    Arduino, Ramps Case
    ect, ect ect.

An forgive me but some of the thinner newly printed ABS models are quite fragile, this resemble older plastic that has degraded by weather.
    Will need to reprint them, maybe this time in PLA.

Good thing is that the Dewalt will be showing up today and I will be able to actually be able cut something. Will start out with something weak like a piece of pink insulation.
    Then work up to some softwoods that I have laying around, and ending with hardwoods to get an ideal how fast that the cuter will work.

At this time I have given some thought as to the size of the hot bed 400mm X 600mm will need to see if I can make it a reality Now.

https://www.amazon.com/Vacmaster-Gal...ateway&sr=8-11

that would do you.

but don't cut anything without vacumn. any kind of fine wood, metal or paper dust should not be breathed in.

Actually I have a Bucket Head Vacuum you can use any 5 gallon bucket.

Today I decide to test test main floor platform for level.
    With ~6mm above the bed then lowered the Tool plate 6mm on all four corners an dead center the platform.
    Being really close to the main floor platform here, took my filler gauges out and began measuring the height.
    After comparing all five locations, deturmined that the MPCNC that I just built is measuring 0.06mm from level.

Knew I was being careful making my EMT Conduit cuts, but never ever expected that I was being this precise.
    This is going to be is enough to mount a Large Aluminum Plate above the floor Platform, heated or not heated.
    For 3D Printing large 508 X 762 X 292mm Models WoW! this is going to take a long, long, long, time to print.

A simple Benchy 4X size will take1 day with .4mm nozzle with a 1mm nozzle prints will take 5 1/2 hours.
    This may be doable.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-04-2019 at 11:54 AM.

I am still looking for a Control case, the one I found and 3D Printed is in fact a horrible 3D Printing Control case, it is so thin you can virtually see thew it.
    And I do do want to waste my time with such a horribly Thin Control case, in fact do not believe it would survive very long and not protect the controller.

I have found some Anwenk 1/4"-20 x 15mm Furniture Screw in Nut Threaded Wood Inserts and have install an placed 32 of the them in the CNC main Deck.

Now I can fasten anything with a simple clamp that is 3D Printed or CNC milled using many type of material. First I still want to Find a Controller Case.

One NOTE: Because I decided to make my MPCNC so tall, the power cable on the Dewalt must be carefully positioned or it will cause the Z-Axis too bind on the X or Y max borders.
    I decided, I need to get My MPCNC running. So for a quick fix I am going to quickly 3D Print this.
    There is a few modification that I believe should be made while the good parts print, I can modify the pieces that want changes on.

[www.thingiverse.com]

Changed the Front Panel to say "My MPCNC" stl Attached.

Printing a temporary Controller case will then be doing the finishing touches.

Will start with learning how to Use Auto Cad Fusion 360 to setup tool paths for MPCNC.
    Knew I had more learning to Do with Fusion 360 Free for hobbyist. Time to get back to YouTube and start learning fast.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-04-2019 at 12:25 PM.

looking good :-)
    The tool path thing is interesting.
    Is there an equivalent to a slicer for cnc ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast