Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Sedgwick DLP 3D Printer on Kickstarter - $1000 DLP Printer

Prices aren't only dropping for FDM 3D printers, apparently they are coming down quite signifcantly for SLA 3D Printers as well. The Sedgwick DLP 3D printer has launched a Kickstarter project, in which they are selling priced at $399 for an unassembled model, and $1009 for a complete assembled 3D printer. This is a significant drop in price over other brands like the Titan 1, Form 1+, etc. Has anyone here backed the Sedgwick or plan on doing so?

Read more at: http://3dprint.com/6903/sedgwick-dlp-sla-3d-printer/

KS project at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...3d-dlp-printer

Isnt it 1487 dollars?
    As you need the projector to get this printer working,

Unassembled it would be 1002 ?

As so far i know for a complete assembled printer you would need the projector.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Isnt it 1487 dollars?
    As you need the projector to get this printer working,

Unassembled it would be 1002 ?

As so far i know for a complete assembled printer you would need the projector.
    According to the Pricing chart at the Kickstarter page and the article the $904 kit includes the projector. I have a DLP projector and will investigate the requirements further to make sure my projector will work. My question is whether this will be a good starter kit for a first time 3D printer? Or should I stick to one of the RepRap recommended ones. I am not afraid of reading but I would like some advise.

David

Looks like the funding goal was never reached for the Sedgwick. That really surprises me. It was a good price for an SLA 3D printer.