Close

3D Printing Chocolate to Represent It's Societal Impact. Opinions?

Slovenian artist Saso Sedlacek has created some pretty impressive pieces of chocolate via 3D printing. The pieces all represent societal outsiders, and they have been printed as a means of protest about the ways of society, and how 3D printing is helping to spur on those ways in a negative manner. 3DPrint.com author Hannah Rose Mendoza questions his ideology behind it all, and discusses why 3D printing may actually be doing the opposite to society as Sedlacek believes. Read the article here: http://3dprint.com/6524/marxism-3d-print-chocolate/

What do you guys think? What is the societal impact of 3D printing? Is it creating more or less economic inequality? What other positive and negative impacts does it, and will it have on society? Check out Sedlacek's 3D printed creations:

I'm having trouble contemplating his worry that we have ceded too much autonomy and perhaps 3D-Printing can help us get it back. I'm mostly wondering if the Dark Chocolate prints as well as the Semi-Sweet Chocolate and how does the White Chocolate look when used to add detail to the darker prints? And I'm also concerned that the chocolate figurines are going to taste OK and am ready to volunteer for the extensive (and on-going) quality assurance phase of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    And I'm also concerned that the chocolate figurines are going to taste OK and am ready to volunteer for the extensive (and on-going) quality assurance phase of this project.
    Saddle bags, anyone?

OME

Student
    Follow 3Dsandyk On Twitter
    Perhaps I missed something? What kind of a printer is he using to 3D print the chocolate?

umm... I don't know... 3d printing chocolate is okay... but it comes to 3D printing food like steak.... i'll pass....no thank you ...