Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to set up a business making aftermarket comfort seats for specific motorcycle models. I already have a supplier who can design and build the foam and cover for the seat. I have also made a prototype seat which is perfect and has received great feedback so far. However, the seat was built onto an original seat base pan of the bike (basically just foam and cover ripped off and replaced).

So essentially the only thing I need is to figure out a way to manufacture the plastic base pan in order to build a complete product. However, the issue is that if making the plastic part using a mould, creating the mould would cost a few thousand USD minimum. Since the models are very bike-specific, I would need to get massive sales volume to make it worth it. Secondly, as bikes evolve and new models come up, I would need to always get new plastic bases designed, so it would really only work with sigfinicant volume.

My question is, would it be doable to 3D print the plastic part of a motorcycle seat? What would be a rough estimate cost per unit? It would obviously need to be very resistant material and not snap easily.

Capture.jpg