Close

Hatchbox ABS (white) balling on second layer

Hello community, first time poster here so I hope I'm in the right spot.

I have an A10M, I believe its a clone of the Ender 3 but with a cyclops head, and I have been having some issues with ABS. The first layer and brim go down well and adhesion isn't a problem. Where my problems start is the second layer where stringing/zits start to appear. As the hotend moves around it rolls them into balls/blobs which inevitability knock the printer out of alignment. Things I have tried are below:

Calibrated to ensure 100 mm extruder is extruding 100mm
    Printer hotter at 260
    Printed colder at 225
    Hot bed at 110
    Hot bed at 85
    Increased distance z gap
    Decreased z gap

I'm using a bltouch for auto level and printing on glass with hairspray as an adhesive. The filament I'm using is hatchbox ABS and the color is white. Attached are photos of what I'm experering. I am very grateful for any help as I am pulling my hair out at the moment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (89.1 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (82.3 KB, 7 views)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're probably printing the second (and consequent) layers too fast.
    what speed are you using for first layer and other layers ?
    And are you doing weird things like changing temperature during the print ? (never understood why people do that)

yeah ender3-ish. The colour mixing thing looks interesting. 2-in-1 out by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you're probably printing the second (and consequent) layers too fast.
    what speed are you using for first layer and other layers ?
    And are you doing weird things like changing temperature during the print ? (never understood why people do that)

yeah ender3-ish. The colour mixing thing looks interesting. 2-in-1 out by the looks of it.

Overall print speed of 50 mm/s
    First layer and walls 25 mm/s
    Temperature is the same from the start to the end with all cooling fans off.