Close

The 3D Print 3Doodler Human Skeleton

The 3Doodler, it certainly can be difficult to use if you don't have the best artistic ability, but anyone can eventually get the hang of it to at least create some cool little doo-dads. One Somermerville Massachisetts man named Justin Mattarocchia has used the 3Doodler to hand print a humanoid skeleton. The piece is simply amazing. He is selling it for a measly $100,000 for anyone who may be interested. Check out the picture below, and read more about how he created this amazing work of art here: http://3dprint.com/6839/3doodler-plastic-man/

Pretty impressive, huh? The piece took him months to made with his 3Doodler.

Staff Engineer
    Spooky. I like it! (I don't like it $100k worth though, Best of luck to him selling it.)

Student
    $100K, is ridiculout. I can only imagine how fragile this is. Not to mention, it will probably not last 10 years. Looks great though. Just not $100,000 great

A Year Later and lots of progress to report!

The 3Doodler has been making waves since its 2013 Kickstarter launch, and back in June 2014 we first heard of a project underway using the 3D printing pen to create a plastic man. A year later, Justin Mattarocchia has made considerable progress on 'Voight,' his skeleton--now capable of sight and speech, after a fashion. Mattarocchia explained in a video released by GMC that he is continuously adding to and enhancing the project; he's used GMC-made cameras that will hit the market sometime in 2017 to give the robot 3D vision. Next up for the 3Doodled robot will be organs and more. Read the latest about Voight in the full article: http://3dprint.com/76498/3d-printed-humanoid-robot/

Below is a look at Voight: