Close

Confused and looking for guidance

Another hobby of mine seems to be jumping into 3d printing as a solution to create pieces/parts etc. I have always been intrigued by 3d printing but now I have a valid reason to jump in. So the last week I have spent an obnoxious amount of time researching and I think I've narrowed my choices down, but the more digging I do the more uncertainty I come across.

I would like something that has a large print volume, I'd like to be able to print parts that are eseentially rectangles up to 13.5" x 9" x 0.5"
    I would like the flexibility to print in PLA and ABS. Nylon, and flexible would be a bonus
    I would prefer something I didn't have to spend another 200-300 on to get it right
    I like the thought of the Ultrabase type beds
    Decent print quality
    600-700ish at the top end for budget

So far I've been looking at the following.

Anycubic Chiron I know the early ones had issues, I do hear good things about revised units, Ultrabase and dual rails supporting the bed
    Crealty CR-10 Pro Reviews I have found indicate this is a solid printer with versatility after printing off a few mods
    Creality CR-X Similar to the CR-10 Pro ? has Ultrabase type bed but lacks the double gear extruder, adds Dual
    Crealty CR-10S 4/5 absolutely covers size requirements but not sure they are on par with newer models without extensive investments

I'd appreciate any feedback and help provided.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well both are i3's that use a bowden extruder. So I wouldn't touch either and you will struggle with flexibles.
    And with the extruder being mounted on the side, it's a longer bowden tube than most decent deltas use.
    You've got a nice solid crossbar, why not just use a direct drive setup ?

Of the two the cr10 pro looks like the better implementation of the same thing.

But there should be something better around in that price range.

Student
    Follow inov3D On Twitter Add inov3D on Facebook
    i recommend the artillery sidewinder x1 new manufacturer but expanding fast high quality
    check out this review of the artillery sidewinder