Close

Not printing well

I had done about 60 prints so far, all very small things like keychains, but they turned out ok. When I print larger more detailed items it is a mess and I really don't know why. However, recently I can't even print a keychain without the first layer completely messing up and throwing off the whole print. What do you suggest is best? Do I increase first layer bed temp, use glue, or use hairspray.

Staff Engineer
    You'll have to be more specific about the type of failure. Photos are very valuable when it comes to diagnosing model print problems.

Larger items may require a higher nozzle temperature, not necessarily a hotter bed. More detailed items may require a slower print speed and/or higher part cooling fan settings.

No suggestions will be of value until you provide more specific details regarding the failure.

I have attached a photo to kind of get an idea what I am getting. This is just a simple Ironman key chain attempt. I just now increased my initial layer bed temp to 85c and the remaining 65c, but it still messed up slightly. Its an improvement from this photo, but not quality. I am using Hatchbox PLA filament.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    see my previous posts.
    And read the build plate it self.

Is there any point answering if you just ignore it ?