Close

Electrical Help Needed

Hello I was hoping someone can help me. I have 2 printers; a pxmalion core i3 with a bt7200 V1 ramps plus2 control board and the other is a Tronxy with a Mezki melzi 2.0 mega 1248 board. The control board on the Tronxy went out so I am trying to use the other control board since that printer I was never able to get to work because it was warped when I got it.

The issue I am having is the wiring is different on the 2 machines I tried using the original wires from both devices as is and I also tried switching the pins on the stepper side to match the original tronxy setup and leaving the pins as is in the pxmalion side as is. I just cant get the steppers to move correctly if at all.

I am hoping someone is familiar enough with these devices to help me out. Also I probably need to test the steppers but I dont know how. If someone can give me some advice I would appreciate it. Also do different brands of steppers have different configurations? I will attach a couple of images with the wiring configuration and what I tried

wire.jpgwiretry.jpg

What exactly do you need?

Technician
    I don't have an answer to your issue, but I can sympathize. My first printer was a Tronxy. I had awful problems finding replacement parts. I needed connectors for the hotbed - took forever to find the correct type and they kept going out. Needed a new x motor. Tried one from Amazon - didn't work. Tried another from Amazon - it ran backwards. All this while waiting for the replacement from the manufacturer to arrive. I ended up plugging in the one backwards and ran it like that til the correct one finally arrived. I thought I needed an extruder - never found a compatible replacement for that. Then found out the problem was the hot end. Found one on e-bay that I think will work. That's when I decided to upgrade and bought a Tenlog so I haven't tried to fix the Tronxy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by quarinteen View Post
    Hello I was hoping someone can help me. I have 2 printers; a pxmalion core i3 with a bt7200 V1 ramps plus2 control board and the other is a Tronxy with a Mezki melzi 2.0 mega 1248 board. The control board on the Tronxy went out so I am trying to use the other control board since that printer I was never able to get to work because it was warped when I got it.

The issue I am having is the wiring is different on the 2 machines I tried using the original wires from both devices as is and I also tried switching the pins on the stepper side to match the original tronxy setup and leaving the pins as is in the pxmalion side as is. I just cant get the steppers to move correctly if at all.

I am hoping someone is familiar enough with these devices to help me out. Also I probably need to test the steppers but I dont know how. If someone can give me some advice I would appreciate to visit for more info. Also do different brands of steppers have different configurations? I will attach a couple of images with the wiring configuration and what I tried

wire.jpgwiretry.jpg

What do you want?
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 01-17-2023 at 08:10 AM.