Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never use z-lift.

well ended up with odd setting that caused considerably fewer stringing/ Turning cooling back on to 100% really helped.
    Also went with shorter slower retractions.

But in the end it's just not going to be a sensible option with the delta.
    The speed alone makes it highly inpractical. I print the pla moulds at 100 mm/s
    going down to 40 and 10% first layer puts a small mould set up to about 8 hours.
    Plus with ptg, you can't do both halves at once, just too muh stringing between parts.
    I think you could get away with printing one part at a time. Might try it at some point.

I'll try again at some point with one of the other printers.
    meanwhile I'll stick with pla and just beef up the layers and infill.

Cheers for the help :-)

Best PETG I've run so far is NovaMaker clear from Amazon. Doesn't curl and adheres to the bed well. I run it at 245-250C. Cannot determine the speed and feed (semi-closed system).
    Also using z-drop and retractions. Minimal stringing.

03282019_petg.jpg
    Last edited by TommyDee; 03-28-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Student
    So most 3D printers do not have the means to measure ?jerk?. What they can do though is control it. That is, the jerks can be set (or rather limited) to some pre-chosen value (the best one is usually found by trial and error).(1) Choose a constant jerk; (2) discrete integration then gives a linear ramp-up in acceleration; (3) discrete integration again gives a quadratic ramp-up in speed.(4) With knowledge about the geometry of the systems condensed down to the steps/mm value one can then program the controlling microprocessor to execute that speedup-ramp that creates the desired jerk value. Or rather one can avoid exceeding it.

Student
    Follow inov3D On Twitter Add inov3D on Facebook
    petg is not a hard plastic to print with the perfect settings for you depends on your setup extruder,hotend,filament

if you are intrested in learning about petg and struggle with it this article might help you, one of our authors hated petg untill he tried this filament
    https://www.inov3d.net/3d-hero-red-petg-review

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12