Close

Hybrid View

Ender 3 Pro E wiring.

Hi. I am new to this forum. I tried to search for a similar question, but didn`t find any.

So here it goes:

I planned to upgrade the extruder on my Ender 3 Pro. Stock one is plastic.
    I ordered a right hand part, but the seller sent me a left hand part.
    The only way I could use the left hand version was to reverse the extruder motor.

I thought I could just swap the wires around on the stepper motor to make it so the extruder goes backwards, but that didn`t work.
    Then I swapped the wires back again and tried to invert the motor using the th3d firmware, but that didn`t work either.
    So know my motor doesn`t run at all, it just goes back and fort making a "clicking" noise.

I have tried to use the "Y" axis wires with the "E" motor and the motor works.
    I have used a multimeter to make sure that the wires isn`t damaged anywhere.

So now I think I might have destroyed the stepper motor driver.

Anyone got any tips on how to diagnose this? Check the voltage on the stepper motor driver?

If anyone of you got an Ender 3 Pro, could you please upload a picture showing the wiring at the extruder motor connector (not on the motherboard, but at the motor itself)?
    That way I could be 100% sure I didn`t mess up the wiring.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse

That?s the exact video I looked at when I attempted to reverse the motor. He he.