Close

Thread: I need HELP!!

Student

I need HELP!!

Hello. I use a Mendel90, Reprap 3D-printer. I've build it my own for about a month ago. It did work great until today. As you can se in the picture (10447733_10202363158264493_9084480523417671990_n.jpg) it starts to move abit to the right after each layer, and i cant figure why. I use Cura for MacOSX to create G-codes. I've even tried to change computer or try to print any other object, but its still the same. I would appreciate if some one know what's wrong and could help me.

Thanks
    Mojt

It looks like your X-axis has slipped. Y and Z axes look to be printing OK. Check your whole printer to see that everything that should be tight is in fact tight.

PS : where did you get the stl for the Minion?

Old Man Emu

There could be a lot of reasons...

Do what Old Man Emu suggests first!

But if I didn't find something obvious... I would slow down the X & Y movement of the printer and see if that helps. Also, most electronics boards have an adjustable driver to control how much power the stepper motors get. It may be you have enough power in one direction but the other direction misses steps????

Student
    Okay, I'll check it out tomorrow! Thanks

It's not a minion, it's a small monster made for holding pens, found it on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:154516

Mojt

Student
    Could be so. But i dont see how, because it worked great for a month, and just suddenly today it started to act like this. I haven't been adjusting things like that since i calibrated it..

Student
    I cant find anything that isnt tighten as it should be, and cant see how the motors can have different power.. Anyone can think of anything els that is wrong? Could it be Cura or how my printer see the coordinates?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by mojt View Post
    I cant find anything that isnt tighten as it should be, and cant see how the motors can have different power.. Anyone can think of anything els that is wrong? Could it be Cura or how my printer see the coordinates?

Hi

Have you already check your G-Code?
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35248

If you have an object g-code (last week or so) generate it new and check it. Maybe it helps.

Terteros

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Terteros View Post
    Hi

Have you already check your G-Code?
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35248

If you have an object g-code (last week or so) generate it new and check it. Maybe it helps.

Terteros
    Hello, I did just check it, and it all looks okay. Nothing shows my error in the G-code.. Thanks for trying to help!

Student
    After not touching my 3D-printer for 2 days now, I thought i should test it, if the error still is there. And after 2.5h waiting for a finished result, i saw that my error was gone, at least for this model. Im going to try it out tomorrow too with a different model.

Thanks for the help

Engineer-in-Training
    Your X axis pinion may be slipping, make sure it is solidly attached to the stepper motor shaft.