Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well with luck I'll be getting a sovol direct drive i3 for reviewing soon. It has the central rail design - the only thing it shares with the ender 3 design, so I'll be able to do a direct compare and contrast.
    There are an awful of printers around with the same bed design - it can't be as bad as I believe, we'll see :-)
    My ctc is now work ready.
    Couple of gcode tweaks still needed, but I've been printing at delta speeds with it. It's had about ?10 worth of mods (okay I might have cheated slightly - not everybody has access to free aluminium slabs ;-). All electronics, hardware etc is original. The tensionless/springless extruder is surprisingly good. Even that's original.
    Going to be interesting comparing the world's cheapest i3 printer with a wooden frame against a midrange i3 with aluminium extrusion frame.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just don't get an ender 3. Almost every other printer on the market will give you fewer problems.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawsyst View Post
    I also want to know how to choose a 3d printer and thanks to discus this topic
    You should choose your printer by the frame. Plain and simple. Aluminum extrusion seems to be the best of the day. And while a lot of printers are using the 2020 extrusion, my Tevo Black Widow uses thick 4020 extrusion and it does make the frame rigid. The beauty of aluminum extrusion is it is so strong and so easy to add stuff to and work with in general. You might want to make sure your printer has the build size you like. This is actually a part of the frame selection. Because everything else is just parts. And the printers come with the cheapest parts on them. All of them do. And as time progresses with our printers and we try to make them print better we will change some, most, or all parts to include stepper motors, control boards, extruders, power supplies, heatbeds, screens, belts, fans, etc. These are all cheap items that can be upgraded easily and doing so makes for great first projects for our new hobby.

I will be watching this carefully because that was my goal about a year ago and spent more than double that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12