Close

Printer not printing on entire print bed (invisible barrier at Y-axis +30mm or so)

My printer is a Tevo Tarantula (i3 based) with a large bed (220mm x 280mm).All settings in Cura (3.4) and on the printer should be correct.The printer also homes correctly to X/Y/Z 0/0/0 on the front left corner of the plate.Problem: When printing larger items (eg that should be approximately 260mm deep on the Y-axis), the printer has no problem printing all the way to the back of the printer plate. But in the front it acts as if there is an invisible barrier around 30-40mm in.Imgur photos: https://imgur.com/a/4ltgbz3 What is going wrong? When "manually" moving the printer head via the controls, it shows the correct position X/Y/Z and it is able to go everywhere on the printer plate.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I would take a look in Cura 3.4 to see if you have correctly told it the printable area of your 3D Printer.

Thank you for the suggestion but that is all set up correctly.

Also: If that were incorrect, I would assume that it would have trouble printing towards the end of the plate, not at the front (as it would be limited in the maximum Y-axis).
    Like I said: when I look at the coordinates on the printer display, they show correctly and I can move the print head via the printer controls to every position on the print bed.

I would think that either something gets screwed up in the Gcode or the firmware is somehow wrong (but how do I check)?

In Cura 3.4
    Click Settings Select Printer, Select Manage Printers...
    On Preferences Window
    Select Printer Click Machine Settings

Then simply setup your printers characteristics.

Thank you, but as I said before.
    Cura is set up CORRECTLY: X (Width) 220mm / Y (Depth) 280mmm / Z (Height) 200mm

Even if that were the problem, then it would cause an issue when setting up the print in Cura AND it would have an issue at the back of the plate not at the FRONT.

More information is needed then. Does it make any noise when it hits this invisible barrior?

What firmware are you using? Did you flash the firmware or was it preFlashed?
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 03-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.