Close

What is this and how do I fix it

So I have an Adim labs gantry. And it?s my second printer and so far it has been doing well. But I have been noticing a quality loss. It was missing some extrusion in the infill and the layers on the outside surface we?re rougher. No big deal. But then it started doing this see picture. It looks like stringing to me but it?s way thicker than how it used to string. Any input would be of help and be greatly appry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah, check the retraction settings.
    Not necessarily stringing, but definitely extra extrusion.
    This can be caused by running the extruder too hot or having long slow retractions. Which for some reason, has become popular recently.

Looks like you've got a directdrive extruder.
    So retraction settings should be something like: 70-75mm/s retraction speed and 2-3mm length.

Also what material and print settings are you using ?

Material is come cheap PLA from amazon and I was printing at 60 mm/s 200 degrees nozzle and 60degrees bed. I ended up returning the printer as I couldn?t get it to consistently extrude and the nozzle eventually plugged up and it was seized to the rest of the extruder. I now have a cr10s. That?s randomly pausing during prints

are you running the prints from a usb cable or an sd card ?

I am running an card. I swapped cards and that fixed a majority of it. But it keeps giving me filiment errors so I removed the filiment run out sensor and put a dummy plug in and it was working ok. I?ll have to check it today

often the cards that come with these cheap chinese machines are just about useless.
    Investing a few bucks/quid/euros in a 4gb class 10 card is usually money well spent.
    Filament run out sensor pretty much a waste of space anyway.

I have a ton of good cards from my go pro laying around that I switched too and that fixed it. I also decided to print on rafts only as they stick very well for me vs using glue. I have great first layer squish just a lot of my prints seem to be y?all for how lil bed they touch. I do like having the sensor just because I don?t want to scrub a print because I wasn?t there the second it ran out and it just kept going. Do they offer 1.75mm filiment in larger than 1 kilo rolls? I haven?t seen them just 1 and .5 k

Maybe increase retraction