Close

HELP!!!! cant get my dreamer to print

Hello everyone,

I have just bought my first 3d printer, it is a brand new flashforge dreamer. I am really struggling to get it to print anything decent using the 2 nozzles. Im getting faults such as a load of fillement coming out of the left nozzle when it starts its print, and some blobs scattered around. Im still using the blue and white fillement supplied but starting to feel I should send this back as its a lot of money for something which doesnt seem to work. Any advice or words on encouragement would be very very welcome

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravihotwok View Post
    Hello everyone,I have just bought my first 3d printer, it is a brand new flashforge dreamer. I am really struggling to get it to print anything decent using the 2 nozzles. Im getting faults such as a load of fillement coming out of the left nozzle when it starts its print, and some blobs scattered around. Im still using the blue and white fillement supplied but starting to feel I should send this back as its a lot of money for something which doesnt seem to work. Any advice or words on encouragement would be very very welcomeCheers
    I wouldn't be concerned about the filament coming out of the nozzles before the print starts. That will happen when the nozzles are hot. Plus, that's what Pre-Extrusion is for. You can also clip the excess off just before the print starts.I assume the stock filament rolls are PLA and ABS correct? Both will act differently, print wise. Start with the PLA, as it is easier. If you could upload pictures illustrating your "issues", that would be helpful.Also, I just noticed after re-reading your post - are you printing both nozzles at the same time? Double check the stock rolls, printing both PLA and ABS at the same time won't work out well. The blobs you speak of might be what happens when dual extruding. When dual extruding, you must have a Wall around the object so that the opposite extruder can have the filament scrapped off.
    Last edited by Zorn88; 02-22-2019 at 12:47 PM.