Close

Wouldn't you get a "beam" of cured resin?

This question might sound stupid to anyone who knows the first thing about lasers and resin, but:
    The laser shines through the entire height of the resin, while the salt water goes in from the bottom, pushing the resin up.
    Wouldn't the laser cure the resin along the entire length of the beam?

I mean, I've seen the video and it looks like it's only cured on the bottom of the container, but I don't understand the how and why...

Can anyone explain this to a lowly software-programmer?

Super Moderator
    No. The currently printed object sticks up through the layer of resin, so only a thin layer of resin is above it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Correct. All the print action is at the top of the resin, not the bottom.

Great, thanks. I've re-checked the videos and saw the pillar upon which the first layer was printed this time.

Peachy Printer Software Guru
    Also, the resin tends to block UV light when cured, so it's really only curing at the surface -- as soon as the surface layer cures, the resin below it is blocked from being cured.

upgrade kits available for those that have the standard printer?
    ขายเบอร์สวย

Quote Originally Posted by RomsMaklaet View Post
    upgrade kits available for those that have the standard printer?
    ขายเบอร์สวย
    That should really be a new, seprarate thread, but the answer is that probably only Rylan knows whether that will ever be possible... The step from $100 to $1000 is considerable, and at that much of a gap, I'd probably just go for the pro (since at that point it'd be only $100, or less, as upgrade kits are usually more expensive due to some duplicate parts being replaced, more which is <10%!), and keep the original as an extra/backup...