I ordered my Evolution with the 4mm, and it gets pretty good detail, but I want to add a cooling fan, did you do that, and where did you connect it to the momboard, and did you add any instructions to the EasyPrint? Also, if you have finished your new Bowden assembly, can you reply with a thingiverse link or something?

Thanks!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 3D OZ View Post
Mine came with a 0.4mm nozzle and the warped acrylic print plate was quickly upgraded to the 3D Stuffmaker heavy duty Aluminium print plate.
I have mounted a Rep-rap bed heater and seperate thermostat. It is possible to run a bed heater through the standard electronics but some firmware adjustments are required and I didn't want to mess with that.
Even though general consensus is that PLA doesn't require a heated bed I have found a massive improvement in adhesion reliability since using one running at about 60c.

The next element likely to cause you grief is the Bowden extruder which uses a fairly ordinary hobbed bolt to drive the filament which I have found to be a frequent cause of gouged filament and extrusion failure.
I have developed an extremely effective replacement extruder which has eleminated my extrusion failures but I can't share that with you just yet. Little bit of work to be done before I can release that to the world.

The Evolution really benefits from heated bed, a nozzle fan, an improved extruder drive and importantly making sure everything is kept tight. Many of the screws used for assembly have no nyloc or thread lock on them so the main case can work itself a little loose over time and it has a significant impact on accuracy.

I have printed one of those T-Rex's and it is quite possibly the very best thing I have printed to date. Very tidy.