Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issues with new Ender 3

Hey guys, just got an Ender 3 as my first 3d printer and I'm having some issues that I'm hoping ya'll can help with

• When I "auto home" the extruder goes to the front-middle of the print bed, instead of the front-left

• When I start a print the filament backs all the way out of the bowden tube. I can manually feed all the way through the nozzle when I prime it, and there's nothing blocking the filament from flowing, but when I start a print the feeder gears reverse the filament almost all the way out.

I tried a factory reset, but that didn't work, and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the first problem.
    You have wrong settings in the Cura.
    Chance Prindbed form from Elliptic to Rectangular.

for the 2 problem, make a video.

More information would help.

Print over SD?
    what programs do you use?

This issue is happening even when I try using the test-dog gcode that comes with the printer, so I don't think it's the Cura settings. My print bed is set to rectangular. I'll post a video in a few minutes

Cura.jpg

Two videos. The first is a manual prime showing that the filament feeds correctly if I manually push it through. The second shows an attempted print.

So after some more troubleshooting, I think I may have found an issue. If I manually move the extruder with the control panel it does not stop when it hits the X axis switch on the left. It continues to try to move to the left and I have to stop the movement so I don't break anything.

You could try clicking the x axis switch with your finger and see if movement stops. if it does, the switch isn't positioned correctly or the arm is bent (bend it back). If it doesn't stop, either the switch is broken, there's a wiring problem, or it's not plugged in correctly or plugged into the wrong port on the motherboard. Usually you can't plug them in backwards, but if it was, that can make a difference- turning it from a momentary on switch to a momentary off switch, or just causing it to not work.

Maybe I can get some help here on the Ender 3 thread, I bought an Ender 3 a few weeks ago and screwed up a few prints at first and then figured out how to use it properly, I have been printing a lot of stuff with PLA and had great success but I bought this unit to print TPU for quadcopter parts so I bought some TPU and printed some awesome GoPro mounts, 2 to be exact and last knight I tried to print another one from the same sd card and it would not print anything beyond the first layer, I went so far as to change the nozzle and it does the exact same thing, prints the first layer and stops extruding, I received 2 more rolls of TPU today in the mail and tried them and still get the same result, I switched back to PLA and printed a test rocket and had no problem at all, the tried again and still only the first layer prints. WTF! I will try to make a video.

Quote Originally Posted by The Todd View Post
    Maybe I can get some help here on the Ender 3 thread,
    This isn't a thread for the Ender 3, it's a thread for a problem 1337llama is having with his/her 3D printer. Best to create your own thread for your own issue.

Quote Originally Posted by osterac View Post
    This isn't a thread for the Ender 3, it's a thread for a problem 1337llama is having with his/her 3D printer. Best to create your own thread for your own issue.
    So this is nothing like a regular forum where people ask for help on the same subject in a thread, you must start a new thread for every single question so you have to sort through 10million threads to find an answer to a question that someone may have asked already. I think I got it, every question gets a dedicated thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Todd View Post
    Just trying to focus on OP's question. If someone posts a new question the thread could get detailed and OP's question might never get answered. In "regular forums" it's called thread hijacking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast