Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creality CR-10S5 & printing advice

Hi,

Very new to 3d printing and reading allot, I was thinking about buying the Creality CR-10S5 since it is in my budget, it's got a large bed size for some of my ideas and i've seen some good reviews.... is it a good buy?

If I wanted to print a cube frame like the one i've attached, what is the maximum floating length per connecting rod that I can 3d print?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    I really thought I was going to love this Creality CR-10S5 3d printer. A huge format and honestly it printed great with basic assembly right out of the box.

You don't love your CR10?

This post has been quite interesting and informative too.

It's a great device

Banggood have some major savings on new 3D printers.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Hi,

Very new to 3d printing and reading allot, I was thinking about buying the Creality CR-10S5 since it is in my budget, it's got a large bed size for some of my ideas and i've seen some good reviews.... is it a good buy?

If I wanted to print a cube frame like the one i've attached, what is the maximum floating length per connecting rod that I can 3d print?
    The maximum unsupported bridging isn't great. depending on the print settings and material, probably 5 cm, and that won't be pretty.

To print a cubic frame - n one piece - you'd need a lot of supports.

So how I would do it is cut the cube in half, use a peg and socket to fix the uprights and print each half seperately upside down. No supports needed :-)
    Or print the top as one part and the base and uprights as another.
    That way you could make a cube frame as large as the machine would allow.

Or better yet. have the top and bottom as seperate frames and print the legs lying down - which is much stronger and cleaner and would print significantly faster and then slot and glue together.
    :-)

If you are looking to buy let me know as I work closely with Banggood marketing and can normally get a coupon code for a decent discount. At the moment they are pushing 3D printers so may be a good time to buy.

I'll give BangGood a plug from the generic buyers perspective. In a past life I did a lot of flashlight work. They provided good components at decent prices. Many people are on the fence for buying durable goods from China. They are simply a pass-through entity that does work with their customers as best they can.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    don't take paypal though - or didn't last time I looked. Not overly happy giving my card details to chinese sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast