Close

Threaded View

HELP - First Row Not Printing Properly

I have had the Cocoon Create (Wanhao Duplicator i3 V2) 3d printer for years and always had a problem with the first row not printing properly. PLA filament works the best and I have had PETG printing properly and when doing another one the same day I can not get it to take to the bed at all now matter what I do.

At the moment I am printing PLA+ and it prints but the first row is bad like most of my prints. It starts and pushes out some filament but by the time it gets to where it is to print the filament has stopped. The photo shows some filament just before the print but usually it has stopped and then the first 1.5 inches/35mm of the first row it never prints anything. Then most of the time the first row is just broken filament.

I have tried numerous different temperatures over the years. I put Kapton tape on the bed and wood working glue mixed in water. The PLA+ I have tried a lot of temperatures around around 230 degrees and the bed from 40 to 60 degrees. The head is not clogged.

So is there an adjustment I can make in Cura or the printer to get a full bead of filament on the first row and not a broken one. Also is there suppose to be a full row of filament going from the Home position to the print area.

Attached Images Attached Images